What to Do with an Inherited Property

This is a question that I get a lot. Honestly, most of the people I work with are in this situation. What should I do with my property? My mother/father/relative passed, now I have this property.


People in this situation have a few options:

-You can sell your house “as-is”.

-You can list your property.

-You can fix it up and sell it for top dollar.


I can’t 100 percent know what is right for you. Only you know that. But I will give you some information that may help you with that decision.

Do you have the time or the money to do a fix up? Rehabbing a house can cost $10,000-40,000.00. If you do have that money, are you willing to put it up and wager that hard earned money? Do you want to come home from a long day of work and put in another 2-3 hours of labor for a few months? If so, there is some extra money in it for you.

Listing your property can be a good option as well. There may be a buyer that shows up that you didn’t know of. But there is a distinction that needs to be clear…a realtor tries to sell the property. They are NOT buying the property.

If you want to sell your house in Raleigh, Durham, or anywhere else in the Triangle area of North Carolina, let me know. I will buy your property “as is” for cash. Use the contact form or give me a call at 919 397 2392.

Get More Real Estate Market Info... Subscribe Below!

Learn more about us and find other resources on selling your house below. Like us, follow us, connect!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *